Getting married is overwhelming. No one know it better than Vandana Mohan, India’s leading wedding planner. Here are 5 things she suggests every bride must keep in mind...
1. First, decide on the location and think about when you want to get married. This will set the framework for everything else.
2. Hire a wedding planner to get the best value for your budget and pick a wedding planner you trust and whose work you like: be realistic about what everything will really cost.
3. Don’t base your wedding on trends: The bride and grooms personal style, something you like or love should reflect in the wedding - not necessarily something that’s trending for that season.
4. Pick the dress you love - this is a difficult one! Everyone is spoilt for choice but go with your first instinct. It always works. A tip: the colour of your outfits doesn’t necessarily have to match the décor. Aim to shine!
5. Behind every couple is a fabulous and efficient team, so delegate what you can to friends and family who have skills in the areas you need help with. You could give your grandmother the responsibility of keeping your jewellery. She will feel loved and important on your big day!
This story is a part of the POPxo Wedding digital magazine. To read the other stories in our September issue, click here to download it.
We will be releasing a new digital magazine every week - watch out for POPxo Fashion next Monday.
Sign in to POPxo World
India’s largest platform for women
Read. Watch. Shop. Hangout.
Sign up for POPxo World!
Sign in to see the latest in life-changing products, empowering stories and infinitely amusing videos!